Please help support our site by shopping with our sponsors when you shop online!
||Historical Maps and Atlases
- 1789 Map of Norwich - Norfolk, England
- 1853 Wisconsin Gazetteer On-Line - From the University of Michigan. Scanned images of the original book.
- 1854 Map of Hannibal - Includes names of residents and their locations. - New York
- 1855 State Census & 1855 Election District Bounadries - Manhattan - New York
- 1860 Manhattan & Brooklyn Street Index by Wards - New York
- 1864 Manhattan Ward Boundaries - New York
- 1866 Johnson's Brooklyn Map- New York
- 1867 Brooklyn Ward Boundaries - New York
- 1872 County Map of Colorado, Dakota, Indian Nations, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska & Wyoming
- 1880 Allen County, Ohio Maps - Maps of each township in Allen County, Ohio in 1880 including landowners.
- 1880 Gloucestershire - England
- 1880 Herefordshire - England
- 1880 Worcestershire - England
- 1886 Staffordshire, Shropshire, Cheshire - England
- 1891-92 Kings County Ward Boundaries - New York
- The 1891 Grain Dealers and Shippers Gazetteer - Another terrific map project from Pam Rietsch.
- 1893 Brooklyn Boundaries and Districts - New York
- 1895 World Atlas - U.S.
- 1897 Brooklyn Ward Boundaries - New York
- 1903 Brooklyn Assembly District Descriptions - New York
- 1900 Brooklyn/Kings County Wards - New York
- 1910 Brooklyn/Kings County Enumeration Districts and Ward Numbers 1-5 - New York
- 1910 Brooklyn/Kings County Enumeration Districts and Ward Numbers 6-10 - New York
- 1910 Brooklyn/Kings County Enumeration Districts and Ward Numbers 11-15 - New York
- 1910 Brooklyn/Kings County Enumeration Districts and Ward Numbers 16-20 - New York
- 1910 Brooklyn/Kings County Enumeration Districts and Ward Numbers 21-25 - New York
- 1910 Brooklyn/Kings County Enumeration Districts and Ward Numbers 26-30 - New York
- 1910 Queens Assembly District Descriptions - New York
- 1910 Queens Enumeration Districts and Ward Numbers - New York
- 1915 Bronx Ward and Assembly District Descriptions - New York
- 1915 Brooklyn Assembly District Descriptions - New York
- 1915 Brooklyn Ward Descriptions - New York
- 1915 Manhattan House Numbers and Streets - New York
- 1920 Kings Co. Brooklyn ED/Assembly Districts - New York
- 1925 Assembly District Map New York City - New York
- 1925 New York County Census Reel Locator by Assembly Districts and Enumeration Districts - New York
- 1940 Map of Norwich - Norfolk, England
- American Memory Railroad Maps 1828-1900 - From the Geography and Map Division, Library of Congress.
- American Place Names of Long Ago - A book by Gilbert S. Bahn.
- The American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750-1789 - From the Library of Congress.
- Ancestry.com - Map of Boston, Massachusetts, 1775-1776
- Ancestry.com - Map of Dorchester, Massachusetts Land Allotments, 1660
- Andreas' Historical Atlas of Dakota - 1884
- Antique maps of Iceland - All antique maps of Iceland (older than 1900) that are in the collection of the National and University Library of Iceland have been converted to a digital format and are accessible here.
- Atlas of American Migration - A book by Stephen A. Flanders.
- Atlas des Deutschen Reichs - This 1883 atlas of the German empire includes maps of the bordering portions of present-day Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, the Russian Federation, Slovakia, and Switzerland. Maps are large scale (1:850,000). Includes a thorough gazetteer of place-names. Requires the free Adobe Acrobat reader for viewing.
- Baedeker's London & its Environs 1900 - Reprint of Baedeker's London guidebook for sale.
- Benton County Place Names - Oregon
- Brooklyn, Index to Streets by Wards - 1860/1878 - New York
- Cartes Historiques Canadiennes: Table des Matières
- Cartographic Images - Ancient, Medieval & Renaissance Maps.
- Charting the Nation: Widening Access to Maps of Scotland and Associated Archives, 1590-1740
- City of Brooklyn/Enumeration/Wards 1880 - New York
- Cleveland Cartography - Information about historical and contemporary maps and map-related happenings in and about Cleveland and the Western Reserve region of northeastern Ohio.
- Colden Composite - 1866 Map of Colden Township, Erie Co., NY with family names and locations.
- Counties Gazetteer - Organized by the counties of England, Scotland, and Wales, this site contains scanned images of historic maps dating from 1846 to 1899. They are at 1:10,560 scale. Over 40,000 places are indexed with links to where they appear on the maps.
- The Courts and Yards of Old Norwich - Norfolk, England
- David Rumsey Collection, Cartography Associates - Online images focusing on 18th and 19th century North and South American cartographic materials.
- Department of Land Administration - Western Australia
- Details of the original Mason-Dixon Line Map - From the Maryland State Archives.
- Le Dictionnaire des communes - If you are searching for a place name in France, or Algeria, Philippe RAMONA will do a lookup for you in this book: "Dictionnaire des Communes de la France, de l'Algòrie et des autres colonies Franôaises" (Paris 1866).
- Early Virginia Maps - From the Libary of Congress.
- East and West Prussia Gazetteer - Germany
- The Elizabethan County Maps of England by John Speede - Reproduction maps carefully created on antiqued parchment.
- De eerste gedrukte wandkaarten van Rijnland, Delfland en Schieland - The Netherlands - Circa 1600.
- FEEFHS Map Room - Background and Map Index
- Gardiner's Atlas of English History - Maps from the 1892 book "A School Atlas of English History".
- Gazetteer of British Place Names - Contains the ancient or geographical County of over 50,000 place names in Britain along with modern administrative areas information.
- Gazetteer of British Place Names - From the Association of British Counties.
- General Gazetteer of the Known World 1823
- Genmaps - Online old maps of Great Britain for genealogists and historians.
- The Geography of Religion in 1851 - Interactive map from the 1851 Census of Religious Worship. Shows Index of Total Attendances, calculated as all attendances for each denomination expressed as a percentage of total population per registration district. The map can show the percentage attendances for seven major Christian denominations on a map of Great Britain. Additionally, moving the cursor over individual registration districts produces a pie chart showing the religious makeup of that district.
- Great Britain Historical GIS Project - Project to capture the changing boundaries of the major administrative areas of Britain and Ireland from the mid-nineteenth century to the present and link these to a major socio-economic database to allow the analysis and mapping of data for at least the last 150 years.
- Greater Manchester Gazetteer
- Greenwood's Map of London 1827
- GOV - Suchergebnis - German genealogical town database.
- Highlights of the Map Collection - From National Library of Scotland.
- Historical Atlas of Canada - Online Learning Project
- Historic USGS Maps of New England - From the UNH Dimond Library Do*****ents Department & Data Center.
- Historical Atlas of Georgia Counties
- Historical Maps of Pennsylvania
- Historical Map Web Sites - A list by the Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Historical Maps - From The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Historical Atlas of East Central Europe - A book by Paul Robert Magocsi.
- Historical USGS Maps - Topigraphical maps from the 1890s to 1950s for 13 eastern US states.
- Historic Maps of Dutch Cartographers
- History of Mapping the Civil War - From the Library of Congress.
- Hungarian Village Finder and Gazetteer for the Kingdom of Hungary - More than 30,000 place names for villages, settlements, towns, and cities in the former Kingdom of Hungary.
- John Speed - Online images of John Speed's 17th century maps of the United Kingdom.
- An Index of German-Polish and Polish-German names of the localities in Poland & Russia
- Index to the 'Atlantes Neerlandici' - From the Netherlands. Bibliography of all "Dutch" atlases up to 1880 which could be traced.
- In Search of Your Canadian Past: The Canadian County Atlas Digital Project - From McGill University's Rare Books and Special Collections Division. A searchable database derived from published county atlases between 1874 & 1881. Searchable by property owners' names or by location. Township maps, portraits and properties have been scanned, with links from the property owners' names in the database.
- Introduction to Manhattan Timeformations - New York - Maps Manhattan's Skyscrapper district through time.
- Johnson's 1855 Map of Brooklyn - New York
- Lincoln County Place Names - Oregon
- London Place Names
- Luxembourg gazetteer of villages and towns
- Map 1797 - Plan of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk by William Faden - England
- Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 - A book by William Thorndale and William Dollarhide.
- Map of John Snow's London in 1859
- Map of Vanished Villages in Norfolk - England
- Map List - For Germany from WorldGenWeb.
- Map Reference - Compiled listing of non-printed reference material on the subject of historical maps & cartography.
- Maps - Scotland - From Ayrshire Roots.
- Maps of Belarus
- Maps of Hungary, 1900
- Maps of Liberia 1830-1870 - From the Library of Congress.
- Maps of Lithuania
- Maps of Moldova
- Maps of National Historic & Military Parks, Memorials, and Battlefields - United States
- Maps of Northern Kentucky
- Maps of Poland
- Maps of Ukraine
- Maps & Plans - From the National Archives of Scotland.
- Meyers Orts- und Verkehrs-Lexikon des Deutschen Reichs - A book by Raymond Wright III.
- National Gazetteer of Wales - Place name index to over 6000 places in Wales, a map of Wales, details of current administrative bodies and areas in Wales and a guide to the Counties of Wales.
- National Gazetteer of Wales
- New York State Historical Maps
- Norfolk and Suffolk Place-Names
- Norfolk Map from 1830
- Ohio Historical and Changed Name Locations - Includes historical and changed names, townships in each county, 1851 listing of post offices and more.
- Old Maps of the Channel Islands
- Ostpreußen - Ortsnamen und Wohnplätze - Germany
- OSSHE Historical & Cultural Atlas Resource
- Osztrák-Magyar Monarchia (1910) / Austria-Hungary (1910) - Variously scaled maps of the Empire as it was in 1910.
- Panoramic Maps Collection - From the Geography and Map Division, Library of Congress.
- People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
- Pigot's and Slater's Topography of the British Isles - For selected locations.
- Pioneer Trails from U.S. Land Surveys
- Place Names Database of EKI - Estonian gazetteer.
- Place Name Servers on the Internet - World place locator page with links to online gazeteers, maps & place locators.
- Plans de Paris / Maps of Paris
- Poor Law Union Maps - United Kingdom
- Population Change in Welsh Civil Parishes, 1901-1911 - Wales
- Post Office Publications - This site lists the pbooks available on Post Offices with author, years covered, and total number. Books with postmasters are also indicated.
- RootsWeb Town Search - TownCo - Enter the name of a U.S. town to learn the name of the county where that town is located.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps - A description from the Earth Sciences and Map Library at the University of California at Berkeley.
- Street Map of Central Birmingham, 1861 - England - With clickable features linking to pictures and additional information on buildings of interest.
- The Swedish Gazetteer - Search 60,000 placenames in Sweden.
- Texas General Land Office Archives - Map Collection
- Texas Historic Sites Atlas
- Tithe Maps of Wales - From the National Library of Wales. An excellent description of the Tithe Maps and why they are of use to researchers. Includes information on how to use the Tithe Map holdings of the Library.
- Tribal Migrations East of the Mississippi - Charts the migrations of Linguistic Stocks of the Muskhogean, Proto-Muskhogean, Siouan, Iroquoian, Algonquain & Caddoan Tribes.
- Tom's Big Chest of Old English Maps - Scanned online set of the English county maps by Samuel Lewis published in 1831.
- The UK Street Map Page - Gazetteer and map reference for London and the UK.
- U.S. Territorial Maps 1775-1920
- United States Digital Map Library - A project of the USGenWeb Archives.
- United States First Ancestry - Maps from an academic geographer, using 1990 census data to plot regional ancestral sources. For example, there are clusters of Dutch in western Michigan and Iowa, clusters of Swiss in Wisconsin, Ohio and Indiana, etc. Great for visualizing and understanding patterns of immigration.
- United States Military Academy (West Point) - Department of History - Map Library - Online archive of historic maps depicting wars, war zones and battlefields.
- Wisconsin County Maps, 1901
Copyright © by Peddie-McNeely Family Pages All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2005-02-27 (5119 reads)[ Go Back ]