Please help support our site by shopping with our sponsors when you shop online!
||Genealogy Dictonaries and Glossaries
- Charlotte's Web Genealogical Dictionary
- Charts for Reference in Genealogy Research - Glossary Chart, Occupation Chart, War Chart, Disease Chart
- Colonial American English: A Glossary - A book by Richard M. Lederer.
- The Correct Spelling of the Word GENEALOGY
A little memory aid by Mark Howells.
- Danish-English Genealogy Dictionary
- Dictionary - Genealogy
- The Dictionary of Genealogy - A book by Terrick H. Fitzhugh. An outstanding reference explaining terms and concepts used in UK genealogy.
- Engelsk-svensk ordlista för släktforskning - English-Swedish dictionary for genealogy research.
- FamilySearch.org - Word Lists - Genealogical word lists from the FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service of the LDS Church.
- Glossary of Terms used in past times - From the United Kingdom
- Frontier Press Bookstore - Dictionaries
- Gareth's Help Page - Technical Words/Expressions - Excellent resource for UK genealogical terminology
- Genealogical Terms
- Genealogy Definitions
- Genealogy Dictionary
- Genealogy Dictionary from Dick Eastman
- Genealogy Dictionary from Family Tree Maker
- genealogyPro Glossary of Genealogy Terms
- Genealogy Terms
- Genealogy: Terms for Do*****ent Translation (Lith) - Lithuania
- German-English Genealogical Dictionary - A book by Ernest Thode.
- German Study Group / German Words
- Glossary of Genealogical Terms
- Glossary of Legal Terms
- Glossary of Scottish terms of interest to genealogists - From the Scottish Archives Network
- Glossary of Unusual Words Found in Wills etc.
- Hearthstone Bookshop - Genealogical Dictionaries
- Kentuckiana Genealogy - Genealogy Glossary
- Latin Genealogical Word List - From the FamilySearch.org
- Latin Genealogy Glossary
- Latin in Parish Records - Online article by Alison U. Ring
- Latin Words from Belgium Parish Registers Translations to Flemish/Dutch/Vlaams & English
- The Lost Husbands Guide to On-Line Genealogy - Glossary of Genealogical Terms
- A Medical Miscellany for Genealogists - A book by Jeanette L. Jerger
- OLD-WORDS Mailing List - For the discussion of old words, phrases, names, abbreviations, and antique jargon useful to genealogy
- The Olive Tree Genealogy: Dictionary of Terms
- A Partial List of Latin Genealogy Terms and Their English Equivalents
- ROOTS-L Resources: Genealogical Terms and Definitions
- Svensk-engelskt släkt-lexikon
- Swedish Language Basics for Genealogists - Links to dictionaries and other language resources. The Swedish spelling reform of 1906 and other spelling changes.
- Swedish to English
Useful terms and information for the genealogist.
- UK Genealogy - Common Acronyms & Jargon
- Ultimate Family Tree - Glossary of Genealogical Terms and Abbreviations
- The USGenWeb Project Information for Researchers - Genealogy Vocabulary
- The Wedderburn Pages - Glossary - Glossary of archaic Scottish words and phrases useful for genealogical research, including terms linked to property and possessions, found in wills and testaments.
- What Did They Mean by That: A Dictionary of Historical Terms for Genealogists - A book by Paul Drake.
Copyright © by Peddie-McNeely Family Pages All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2005-02-27 (8313 reads)[ Go Back ]